Purpose for processing your data
We collect your personal details in order to provide the highest standard of service to you. We take great care with the information provided, taking steps to keep it secure and to ensure it is used only for legitimate purposes. The information you have provided will be treated as confidential and will be retained by Cleere Life & Pensions in electronic format for the purposes of providing Financial Services.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with Life Cover/Pension/Investment service) Cleere Life & Pensions need to collect personal data to provide you with appropriate financial advice and/or process a financial product application where applicable, where you, the data subject, is a party. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
Legal basis — Deere Life & Pensions needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a
contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract.
In any event, Cleere Life & Pensions are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will Cleere Life & Pensions use the personal data it collects about me?
Cleere Life & Pensions will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin —financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) — we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
Who are we sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Cleere Life & Pensions in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Cleere Life & Pensions procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights
Cleere Life & Pensions facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access — you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification — you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten — in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing — where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the
- Right of portability— you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another
- Right to object — you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling — you als— have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.