You may elect to deal with us on a fee basis
Principles / Directors €250 per hour
Additional fees may be payable for complex cases or to reflect value, specialist skills or urgency.
It is in your best interest that you review, on a regular basis, the products which we have arranged for you. As your circumstances change, your needs will change. You must advise us of those changes and request a review of the relevant policy so that we can ensure that you are provided with up to date advice
and products best suited to your needs. Failure to contact us in relation to changes in your circumstances or failure to request a review, may result in you having insufficient Insurance cover and/or inappropriate investments.
Conflicts of Interest
It is the policy of our firm to avoid conflicts of interest providing services to you. However, where an unavoidable conflict of interest arises we will advise you of this in writing before providing you with any service.
Default on payments by clients
Our firm will exercise its legal rights to receive payments due to it from clients (fees and insurance premiums) for services provided. In particular, without limitation of the generality of the foregoing, the firm will seek reimbursement for all payments made to insurers on behalf of clients where the firm has acted in good faith in renewing a policy of insurance for the client. Product producers may withdraw benefits or cover in the event of default on payments due under policies of insurance or other products arranged for you. We would refer you to policy documents or product terms for the details or such provisions.
We ask that you make any complaint against our firm, relating to services provided by us, in writing. We will acknowledge your complain within 5 business days and we will fully investigate it. On completion of our investigation, we will provide you with a written report of the outcome, In the event that you are still dissatisfied with our handling of or response to your complaint, you are entitled to refer the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman or the Pensions Ombudsman.
A full copy of our complaints procedure is available on request.
We are members of the Investor Compensation Scheme operated by the Investor Compensation Company Ltd. See below for details
Investor Compensation Scheme
The Investor Compensation Act, 1998, provides for the establishment of a compensation scheme and the payment, in certain circumstances, of compensation to certain clients (known as eligible investors) of authorised investment firms, as defined in that Act. The investor Compensation Company Ltd (ICCL) was established under the 1998 Act to operate such a compensation scheme and our firm is a member of this scheme. Compensation may be payable where money or investment instruments owed or belonging to clients and held, administered or managed by the firm cannot be returned to those clients for the time being and where there is no reasonably foreseeable opportunity of the firm being able to do so.
A right to compensation will arise only:
- If the client is an eligible investor as defined in the Act; and
- If it transpires that the firm is not in a position to return client money or investment instruments owned or belongings to the clients of the firm; and
- To the extent that the client’s loss is recognised for the purposes of the Act. Where an entitlement to compensation is established, the compensation payable will be the lesser of:
- 90`)/0 of the amount of the client’s loss which is recognised for the purposes of the Investor Compensation Act, 1998, or
- Compensation of up to €20,000.
For further information, contact the Investor Compensation Company Ltd at (01) 2244955
Killeen Financial Services Ltd T/A Cleere Life & Pensions complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Irish Data Protection Act 2018.
Killeen Financial Services Ltd TiA Cleere Life & Pensions is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
The data will be processed only in ways compatible with the purposes for which it was given and as outlined in our Data Privacy Notice, this will be given to all our clients at the time of data collection.
Please contact us if you have any concerns about your personal data.
I confirm having read the paragraphs in relation to Data Protection in the Terms of Business and above, and consent to Killeen Financial Services Ltd TJA Cleere Life & Pensions making contact with my by letter, phone, e-mail, or SMS Text in relation to the range of services provided by Killeen Financial Services Ltd T/A Cleere Life & Pensions.
If you do not wish to avail of these services, please tick here_
European Communities Distance Marketing:
SCHEDULE 1 INFORMATION Supplementary Notice Applicable to Contracts Concluded Using Exclusively Distance Means of Communication:
The following information is provided pursuant to Regulations 6 and 9 and Schedule 1 to the European Communities (Distance Marketing of Consumer Financial Services) Regulations 2004 (the “Regulations”). This notice applies only in relation to contracts with consumers that are negotiated and concluded exclusively using means of distance communication (i.e. telephone, internet, etc.). This notice has no application where any aspect of the contract has been negotiated or concluded on a “face-to-face” basis by the parties in each other’s physical presence.
- Address and Main Business of the Supplier
Killeen Financial Services Ltd t/a Cleere Life & pensions, (the “Supplier”), is authorised by the Financial Regulator as a Multi-Agency Intermediary and an Insurance Intermediary, (Ref No.C6688). It is supervised by the Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority. The foregoing information can be verified by contacting the Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority, PO Box 9138, College Green, Dublin 2, telephone 01 410 4000, (www.financialregulator.ie.)
The Supplier’s address is 8 Dean St. Kilkenny.
The Supplier’s main business is the provision of insurance intermediation services on behalf of credit institutions and insurance undertakings from whom it holds letters of appointment.
The Commercial Purpose of this contract is the arrangement of a contract(s) of insurance (whether related or unrelated a housing loan) by the supplier in return for commission or fees.
- The Supplier operates in Ireland only and has no representatives in any other Member-State of the EU
- The Supplier does not provide its services through any other advisor or agent.
- The Supplier is registered in the Companies Registration Office as a Limited Company, registration 82760. This information can be verified by contacting the Companies Registration Office Parnell House, Parnell Square. Dublin 1: telephone: 01 804 5200 (www.cro.le).
- The relevant authorisation and supervisory authorities for the Supplier’s business are: The Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority, PO Box 9138 College Green Dublin 2.
- The Supplier is not a member of a profession regulated by law, otherwise than at (e) above.
- The Supplier’s is not registered for VAT.
- The main characteristics of the services provided by the Supplier are as follows:
arranging, in return for commission or some other form of consideration, for insurance undertakings to provide consumers with policies of insurance.
- It is not possible to indicate in advance the total price to be paid by the consumer for the services provided by the Supplier. The following is the basis that will be used by the Supplier for the calculation of charges for its services: All charges and fees are outlined in detail in our Terms of Business Document. The price payable to the insurance company for your insurance policy is the premium (including applicable government levies and premium taxes). The premium and any optional covers are separately specified by the insurance company in their policy schedule/Renewal notice.
- The services supplied are not related to instruments involving special risks whose price depends on fluctuations in the financial markets.
- It is possible that that other taxes or costs may exist that are neither paid by the Supplier nor imposed by the Supplier.
(I) The information given by the supplier in this notice is valid as of November 2009. Whilst the Supplier will make reasonable efforts to keep this notice under review and up to date, the Supplier cannot accept responsibility for any changes that may arise as a result of actions by persons outside of its control or knowledge.
- The arrangements for payment and performance that will apply under the contract: Insurance Policies Household, motor, liability, contents and repayment protector insurance can be paid monthly by direct debit or a cheque for the annual premium can be made payable to the insurance company. If a cheque is made payable to the insurance company, a section 30 receipt will be issued to the consumer.
- No additional charge will be imposed on the consumer for using a particular means of communication in connection with the contract.
- Rights of Cancellation: There is no right of cancellation in respect of: (i) a contract under which the service supplied was entered into at the consumer’s request and has been fully performed by both Consumers may also cancel any life assurance contract that is not related to the provision of a housing loan (term assurance, critical illness cover), or personal pension plan, without penalty, within 30 days of: the day on which the consumer is told that the contract has been entered into, or the day that the consumer receives in writing the contractual terms and conditions and other information required in accordance with the Regulations, whichever is the later. The right of cancellation may be exercised by sending notice in writing to Killeen Financial Services Ltd, 8 Dean St, Kilkenny. Where the right of cancellation is so exercised, the insurance company will refund any premium paid and cover will be withdrawn as and from the proposed inception date. While the right of cancellation is not subject to penalties, the Supplier reserves the right, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Regulations, to deduct from a refund any reasonable charge that may have arisen for services supplied in accordance with the contract prior to cancellation. The consumer shall return all policy documentation within 30 days from the date of the exercise of the right of cancellation. If the right of cancellation is not exercised, the contract between the parties will be fully binding and the consumer will be legally obliged to perform his/her obligations under the contract in their entirety. If the consumer seeks to cancel the contract after the expiry of the cancellation period the Supplier reserves the right, to apply an appropriate cancellation penalty.
- The minimum duration of the contract in the case of a financial service that is to be performed on a continuing or recurring basis: The period of insurance in respect of any insurance policy will be the period specified by the insurance company in the policy schedule/renewal notice Early Termination. In the case of insurance contracts, non-payment of premium or part thereof or any monthly premium (where using direct debit) or breach of certain conditions of an insurance policy may lead to the policy being revoked or A consumer or the insurance company can cancel the policy at any time by notice in writing to your financial consultant, in accordance with the terms in that respect set out in the insurance policy.
- Practical instructions for exercising the right to cancel — see (o) above.
- Relations between the supplier and consumer before the contract is entered shall be governed by Irish law
- The contract with the supplier shall be subject to Irish Law and the Irish Courts shall have jurisdiction with respect to the determination of disputes arising under the contract. 4
- The contractual terms and the prior information required under the Regulations shall be provided in the English language.
- The Supplier undertakes to communicate with the consumer in the English language/
- Out of Court Complaint and Redress: The Supplier operates a complaints procedure which may be availed of by the consumer and if that process does not resolve the matter the consumer may take the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman,3ra Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2.